CloudCannon offers free SSL by default on every site and serves them over HTTPS. This is made possible by ZeroSSL and Cloudflare. These certificates are automatically renewed before they expire.
Wildcard Redirect and Wildcard SSL#
CloudCannon also offers wildcard redirects and a wildcard SSL Certificates for all first level subdomains of your configured custom domain.
To enable wildcard redirect and SSL on your site:
- Go to Site Settings / Custom domain / HTTPS
- Set Validation Method to DNS TXT Record
- Toggle the Generate a wildcard certificate to enable SSL option
- Click Update SSL
- Follow the instructions to add the TXT record to your DNS.
Redirecting HTTP to HTTPS#
To redirect all HTTP traffic to HTTPS:
- Go to Site Settings / Routing
- Enable the Redirect all HTTP traffic to HTTPS option
- Click Update Routing Details