Welcome to the CloudCannon documentation!
Some documentation only applies to specific static site generators. To ensure the documentation is relevant for you, select your preferred SSG below:
Tip: You can change this at any time at the top right of the page.
Reducing spam by adding hCaptcha
Last modified: June 1st, 2023
hCaptcha embeds a CAPTCHA in your page to help prevent spam. hCaptcha requires additional configuration in your Site and Inbox Settings.
- In your organisation settings, under Hosting > Forms either create a new inbox or select manage on an existing inbox
- Select hCaptcha as your captcha provider.
- Sign up at https://www.hcaptcha.com/
- Enter your secret as your captcha secret key, and your site key as your captcha site key.
- Connect your site to your hCaptcha enabled inbox in your site settings, under Hosting > Forms.
- Ensure that you have selected *Require Captcha *in your site inbox settings.
- Add a form to your site and connect it to your inbox by following the install instructions in your site inbox settings.
- Add hCaptcha to that form by following the instructions in the hCaptcha documentation
Once configured, any form submissions that fails to validate will return a 401 error page.