- Data — These are standalone data files. This is ideal for site configuration or files that don’t need to be repeated. Data is edited by altering a single file.
- Collections — A collection is a single folder of files with a repeated format. For example, a collection might include pages, blogs, staff members, or recipes that share a format. Collections are edited by altering any file or adding more files.
CloudCannon supports a set of file formats for files in Data or Collections:
- Structured data files: JSON, YAML, TOML, CSV, TSV
- Markup files: HTML, Markdown, MDX
- Combination files: HTML with front matter, Markdown with front matter, MDX with front matter
Front matter refers to a section at the top of a markup file that contains structured data. CloudCannon supports JSON, YAML, and TOML front matter. Markdown comes in many flavors, so be sure to check out configuring your Markdown engine.
If you need another supported format, get in touch with our support team, and we would be happy to look into it.